Welcome to the License Requirements Guide.
If you're a licensed vendor, you're in the right place and
we look forward to working with you!
This section explains the requirements for your license with SMA and our member institutions. As a licensee, you are required to keep a current account with Approvals on Demand (a free service) and submit all designs through AOD for approval. Standard Licensees are required to report royalties on a quarterly basis and maintain product liability insurance. Please see a detailed explanation of these requirements and more below.
If you have any questions throughout the process, please don't hesitate to contact our office at 317-669-0808. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
• Sign Up for Approvals on Demand/Logos on Demand - SMA requires all licensees to set up an account with Approvals on Demand (a free service to all licensees), an online tool for digital artwork submission. This account must be renewed annually with your SMA License Renewal. If you require digital artwork for the schools for which you are licensed, it is available via the subscription based Logos on Demand website. Please visit the following pages for more information on Approvals on Demand---- and Logos on Demand. To connect directly to the AOD/LOD home page, please visit this link.
• Submit Designs on AOD - SMA requires licensees to submit all new artwork designs through Approvals on Demand. Once submitted, the design will be reviewed by the respective institution along with SMA. Average "start to finish" review time for all SMA member institutions is approximately 48-72 hours. Once the member institution has reviewed the design, the licensee will receive email notification that the design has been reviewed and it can be accessed along with any comments provided via the licensee's account on AOD. To submit new designs on the AOD/LOD home page, please visit this link.
• Reporting Royalties - Standard Licensees are required to report royalties on a quarterly basis - for periods ending in March, June, September and December. Royalties must be reported for each SMA client school or conference for which your company is licensed. Royalty reporting forms can be downloaded from the SMA web site and must be mailed to our office with payment for your due royalties. Please visit this link to download Royalty Reporting Forms, and for more information.
• Insurance - Product liability insurance is required for Standard Licenses. Licensees must maintain insurance coverage throughout the term of their license. SMA asks that your insurance company send updated certificates to our office on an annual basis for our records. Strategic Marketing Affiliates, Inc. (SMA) is committed to assisting insurance agents/providers in their efforts to provide the required insurance coverage to their licensee clients. Insurance is required to help protect the licensee, the institutions, and SMA in the case of any claims of damages or defects related to the collegiate licensed merchandise, as well as other liability claims. Please visit this link for the Insurance page for more details and examples of the required documents.
• Labeling - All licensed products produced featuring the marks of SMA clients must contain a hangtag or sticker with the SMA OLP label and also information identifying the manufacturer and their contact information. Please visit this link for the Labeling page for more details and the SMA OLP label order form.
• Adding Schools/Products to your License - Licensees can apply to add organizations or products to their license. Please send these requests to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on adding organizations or products to your license, please visit the following links: